Warning: huge file. This took me so LONG to finish, even for my standards (I started it in early December). It's another present for a friend. The clay became quite brittle after it dryed, which made Homer's hair, the girls eyelashes, and the legs constantly the needing to be re-glued. I was so relieved when I got the whole family done, thinking that I had the hardest part over (the eight pictures - on the white background - I took right after I finishd Maggie, and the figure was about 2 inches tall, 1 1/2 inches long, and 1 3/4 inches wide).
But this is when a good deal of problems started. I have not watched too many episodes of The Simpsons, so I had to replace the magenta clay I had put on the bottom of the baby food jar for an aqua color. I then tried putting the figure in jar, but it was too big, so I had to carve out a bit of the couch so Lisa can be moved back, her book had to be moved back, and Bart's legs had to broken and moved as well. Then I tried to glue the figure down to the aqua clay, but it would not lie flat. When trying to pull it back up, I decapitated Marge, broke Maggie off of her mother's lap, and broke most of the eyelashes off
After re-gluing everything again, I got the great idea to attach them to the lid on a cylinder of aqua clay, which worked MUCH better. The picture in the lower right corner is the final product: 2 3/4 inches tall, 2 1/2 inches long, and 2 1/2 inches wide (they look a bit warped in this picure of the jar, but it looks better in real life).
Fox owns The Simpsons, not me.